Sunday, October 11, 2009

Vital Signs - Nutrition - Lower Depression Risk Linked to Mediterranean Diet - NYTimes.com

Vital Signs - Nutrition - Lower Depression Risk Linked to Mediterranean Diet - NYTimes.com

Many therapists see numbers of people who are depressed and who 'feel' like they have no efficacy (no power to determine the direction of their moods etc.) and often have to swim up stream to see their life improve. Here is evidence that we with depression can make some small changes that can impact how we feel, think, and how our bodies work. Remember this is 'food' for you mind (brain food) as well as your heart. I may be powerless in what life throws my way but I am not helpless in how I respond...this small piece may help you solve your puzzle of depression. Fish, nuts, fruit (I eat a cup of frozen blueberries every day), and vegetables will reshape your mood.

No comments:

Post a Comment